Monday, December 17, 2007

As expected.

This morning, I totally forgot about the meeting my director scheduled with me. I only remembered about it a few minutes prior to it, when my meetings alarm went off. As I predicted, he wanted to talk about my overall experience with the team. He did not fail to mention my potential permanent spot on the team either. So it seems like he managed to kill two birds with one stone, even before I had a chance to bring it up. And yes, it looks like I might have to look for another spot in the company because the lady who I am replacing is due back in the middle of January. He did say that he would like to keep me, but also mentioned he is not sure if it's possible since the team may be "overcrowded" then. Well, that doesn't mean shit if you ask me. That could be a sweet talk to better the fact that it may not work out after all. I don't know anymore... I guess I'll wait till mid-January and then... not sure what I'm going to do then. Although it does seem as if he wants to keep me on the team, you just never know. It may change tomorrow. After all, if there are no spots, then I can be a genius and I still don't get a position. It's just fucked up and now I feel like it's ruining my holidays. He did say though, that if his scenario doesn't work out, there are other spots in the company where I would be able to move to. Nonetheless, it is not a definite answer and not a promise... just an experience. Unfortunately, everyone knows that past results are not indicative of future returns. Plus, who knows how much longer I will have to wait before I feel secure here...
Feels like it's time to go home...

No comments: