Monday, October 23, 2006

A new old man on horizon.

So I finally tracked down my party boy, R. Took me quite a while to do that though. It was pretty much the usual thing - first he was busy at work, so he suggested we met next week, then I got totally swamped first and then had to practice abstinence for a few weeks because I was such an idiot. Finally this afternoon I decided to text message him. I couldn't come up with anything original so I simply said "Hey, stranger", same line he used on me before. And, what do you know, it worked. Luckily, this week was going to be less hectic for him so we decided to meet up on Wednesday. Of course, things could not just run smoothly (when do they ever do). Since he lives with his mother (I know, I know), we have to meet up at his other apartment. The only problem is someone already lives there. So every time we want to meet up he has to kick the other guy out to have a place for himself in the evening. Last time he managed to do that, but apparently this time it could be a problem. He told me though, that if he will not be able to kick him out, we'll just take a night vacation and get our own little getaway with our own private room. Now I kind of wish he couldn't get him out. I didn't argue much and just told him to do whatever it is he has to do. His response? He will keep me guessing as to location as long as I make sure I bring my passionate lovely self. How romantic! Don't make me sick. I told him I'll make sure I'll drag my ass over. Talk about killing the romance...
Why is it that every time you plan something, someone else will always call you and try to make plans for the same night? Less than an hour after we set up a day, my friend Aaron called me asking if I would have dinner with him since he is leaving for Canada for a week. And, naturally, he wanted to meet up Wednesday. I told him I can't do Wednesday, but would gladly do Tuesday night, or even Monday. It just amazes me that out of all weeks and days in the week, he would choose to have dinner on the same day as I am meeting the party boy. It's the same as when you stay single for months and eventually meet someone, that same moment three more guys line up in front of your door wanting to go out. Where have you been a month ago, I ask? Do you smell that I might be seeing someone now and run over to ask me out too? And once you end things with the first guy, these three suddenly disappear too... Happens every damn time... not only to me, but to my friends as well... So it's not like I am making it up, I have their back up.

No comments: