Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Who doesn't dream of Friday night every Monday morning!

You ask why the exclamation point? Because it's not even a question, it's a fact. Fortunately Friday is in less than 30 hours.
Remember that guy I met Friday? Not the annoying one, but the one I met at the end of the night - the "babe", M. He actually showed up Saturday. Well, first he texted me informing of his plans, but I told him I am going to a different place since by that time I have already made plans with some friends. Then, while I was standing by the bar sipping my drink, chatting, there he was standing a few feet away. Can't say I wasn't surprised to see him. The night in general wasn't that great, partially due to music partially to a disappearing act my friends kept pulling on me. I saw a few other people I know at the club, including my over-protective friend who made a face the moment he saw me with M. Although he always makes a face when he sees me with a guy. I don't mind it because I know that he is just looking out for me and in his eyes almost any guy wouldn't be good enough. I guess if someone else did that I'd be upset, but I am used to his remarks at this point and know he doesn't mean it in a bad way.
Did I also tell you that I left my ID in my other pants which almost cost us getting into the club in the first place. Took me good three minutes to convince the bouncer and the owner that I am old enough to get in. They finally let me in, but only after I promised to behave.... Which I did.
But back to M... I don't think I like him much anymore. As one of my guy friends pointed out, I have a very short attention span, especially when it comes to guys. I laughed at him at first, but now reflecting back, I think he was right. So there goes another guy down the drain. I figured why bother seeing him again if I already cooled down after meeting him twice. At least with others I last longer... up to five months. Although I do get bored after two or three. He called me Sunday night asking if I want to see a movie. I ignored his call. After all, it is easier to let him know I am no longer interested now than after a month or two when I will have to actually explain. Then we'll have my favorite "I think we need to talk" conversation. Hate those.
I went for a few drinks again Tuesday night. As usual I had a blast, and I got a free beer glass as I was leaving. Yay! Now imagine my disappointment when I got home and noticed that I managed to crack it. I guess now it would have to serve purely decorative purpose. Sucks... My work bugged the hell out of me - the highlight of my day was getting a free glass... Can you imagine...

No comments: