Thursday, November 30, 2006

A short one.

Alright, this one is going to be pretty short considering it's getting late now and I still have to work tomorrow. Good thing it's Friday.
So I am still thinking about that stupid work Christmas party I have to go to. I finally decided to recycle the dress and buy new shoes. After all, I only wore it once and no one will ever know. Besides, I'd rather spend all that money on shoes. Plus, my friend actually plans to wear a dress she bought and then return it, so my recycling plan doesn't seem so bad after all. But enough about that.
I finally asked my friend to go to the party with me. This is how it went down:
Me: I have a proposition for you.
Him: Is that a marriage proposition?
Me: No, not today....
And then I asked him to go with me. Surprisingly, he said yes. But then again, I know how much he likes networking and me working in finance definitely helps. However, whatever his intentions were, I got company for my party in case it turns out to be completely boring. Plus, I already told people at work I am coming with someone, so it wouldn't be nice to back out now. Now, our mutual friend told me that he is kind of short so I guess I am going to have to be careful with shoes to make sure I am not taller than him. On the other hand, he said he doesn't really care about that and it would show his confidence if he shows up at a party with a girl who is taller than he is. How about that, huh?
I've just spent the past hour talking to my friend about work. At 11pm.... How sick is that? It's like I don't deal with that shit enough at work. Why do I feel the need to talk about markets, and returns, and retirement savings at any time past 5pm? I'll tell you why - brain-washing. Everyone talks about the importance of what I do so much, I actually believe in it myself. Not that I don't think it's important. But not nearly as much as my management is trying to convince me.
Oh, and a final note. Despite all my hopes of getting promoted after this quarter, I doubt it'll happen. There is a rumor at our department that they are only promoting five or so people, which means the chance I'll be one of them is close to zero. Despite my busting my ass this past quarter and getting excellent reviews... Sucks.

No comments: