Sunday, January 06, 2008

Another end.

So I am seriously considering ending things with Saturday guy. Even though I enjoy his company I feel like it is strictly on a friend level. He invited me to his friend's party last weekend but I only managed to stay for about an hour or two. Afterwards I got so bored I had to excuse myself and leave to meet up several other friends in DC. Plus, as we kissed at the end of the night, he grabbed me which kind of ticked me off. OK, I take it back, it pissed me off a lot. I mean I understand that we're making out and all but it still doesn't give him the right to grab me where he's not supposed to. After all, I wasn't standing there trying to grab his package. I don't know if it added to the thoughts that I already had, or if I am just looking for excuses to end things and make peace with myself for doing so. At the end, I couldn't find a single legitimate reason to stop seeing him, except for the fact that I am simply not feeling him.
On a funnier note, another reason I don't want to pursue this is the fact that DC seems like just one big village. You would think that news wouldn't spread here, but the opposite is actually true. Case in point: my date with A. As I've mentioned before, we went out last the Saturday before the New Year's, and he left for a ski resort the next morning. As for me, I haven't spoken to anyone about our night out except for R. Yet. Nevertheless, Monday morning I got an text message from my friend K. asking me who I went out with Saturday night. What the hell! How on earth would she find out about it two days after it happened. The word of mouth is spreading here faster than CNN. He couldn't have told anyone about it simply because he wasn't even here. I haven't told anyone yet, because I wanted to ask K. about him anyway over our dinner later this week. But I haven't mentioned anything yet.
How she found out, you would ask? Simple. Apparently, after the Christmas party, A. met up with our other mutual friend N. and asked him to call K. to ask if it's OK for him to call me. N. said he is being stupid and told him to call me straight and drop the act. Which he eventually did. Then, N. told D. about it, who is actually K.'s boyfriend. D., in turn, told K. Seriously? Damn it, you can't keep even the smallest secret in this town.
But I definitely have to interrogate K. about it when I see her... Then I will make the final decision if I want to keep seeing A.

No comments: