Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cables.

I swear one of these days I am going to break my neck with all the cables I have at work. Let's see, there is an Internet cable, a phone cable, a laptop cable, security lock, some other crap... I feel like my entire company's network is connected through my desk. And naturally, the day hasn't gone by that I haven't tripped on one of them. Today, I almost fell off my chair when the Internet cable got entangled in one of the wheels and got stuck, just as I was trying to roll it to the other side of my desk.
My co-worker heard me swear when I almost lost my balance and asked what was going on.
Her: You have too many of those under your desk. Call maintenance so they can come over and tape them.
Me: Yea, I guess...
Her: Or you can just wait till you trip and break something and sue the company.
Me: Yes this is such a great idea.
Her: Well, if you get a million in settlement, you won't have to work anymore.
Me: A million won't do it for me.
Her: True. But at least you will be able to work part time.
I think flu she just had altered her thinking process. Otherwise, how do you explain her coming up with these ideas...

1 comment:

? said...

Cables everywhere - aaarrrgh! Perhaps if you enter your Internet connection settings a Wizard might just do the work and clear it all up! :) That was such an interesting read and I would like to stop by again soon.