Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Shocked.

Stunned. Astonished. Bewildered. Flabbergasted. Befuddled.
I am talking about a Sunday picnic with M. I met his friends, alright. All two of them. And then I met his family. All four of them. Are you kidding?! Second time I see the guy, I meet his family? When we got there, he introduced me to everyone, "This is I., this is M., this is S. and O., this is my mother, my dad, my grandparents". What the fuck, what the fuck, what the fuck. C'mon... I understand that it is the only day he could see his family (he only comes to visit them on weekends), but why drag me there too? I could have waited until the next week to see him again. No need to meet all three generations... Even though the weather was amazing and the food great, I could not really enjoy myself since I was preoccupied with what just happened. His grandmother kept giving me looks too. I think she liked me... Blah.
It gets better too. After we were done, his parents invited me to their house for a cup of tea. Polite as I am, I couldn't say no especially since M. insisted too, right in front of them. I guess I couldn't come up with excuse fast enough, moreover, I told him I have nothing planned for the rest of the day while we were driving to the picnic. If I thought picnic was uncomfortable, tea was even worse. Here, everyone was chilled and relaxed, and I somehow felt even more tense. For me, meeting the parents is a huge step forward in a relationship and definitely not something I take lightly or do on a second date. Nor do I invite my second halves to my parents house when I just met them.
After two excruciating hours we were finally off to my house. I thought he was going to drop me off and leave, but he actually walked me all the way to my door. And just stood hanging out there while I was frantically searching for keys. I think he was expecting me to invite him in too, return the favor, so to speak. Hell no. I cannot bring home someone I barely know because if something happens and we break up, I will be hearing about it for the rest of my life.
I then went through another half an hour of relaying everything to my dad since he wouldn't let go until I told him everything I knew about M. Then he left and I was finally left alone for some peace and quiet.
The thing is though, I am not feeling this guy. He is nice, he is laid back, but the spark is not there. And when there's no spark, there's no fire. And I like fire.
That's what makes life exciting and worth living...

No comments: