Sunday, March 11, 2007

Some refreshment.

So after the news I heard this past Friday, I wasn't at all sure if I wanted to venture out of the house this weekend. However, the longer I stayed home Saturday, reading up some stuff and watching TV, the more often have I been returning to the same thoughts that bugged me all day at work Friday. Once 9 o'clock rolled around I was at a point that I simply had to go out no matter where we went. So after careful consideration I decided I was pretty much indifferent where I go and agreed to my friend's suggestion to go to this lounge on M street where we spent the most of Saturday nights last summer. To my great surprise however, as we drove by it looking for a parking, we realized that nothing was there - not a sign, not a person. As I pointed out to my friends, I guess they had to close the place down once we stopped going there. Highly disappointed, we had no choice but to go back to this club downtown that I pretty much hate at this point. Don't get me wrong, the place is fairly good in terms of music and service, but since we always hang out in the VIP room, I see the same people over and over - same faces, same situations. That gets pretty boring after a while. However, this time should have been different. A few weeks back I met this guy there that I kind of liked. Actually, I knew him from long time ago, I noticed him not long after I first started hanging out at the club, it's just that I have never talked to him as we did not have similar points of interest or mutual friends. A few weeks ago it got different though and I somewhat have to thank our government for prohibiting smoking in DC. He striked up a conversation first and then I offered to go outside to have a cigarette. One thing led to another and we danced the whole night long just enjoying each other's company. We did exchange phone numbers but I don't think either of us thought of it seriously or expected it to turn into something more. Over the past few weeks we occasionally traded text messages but never actually met up. He invited me to hang out with him and his friends last week, but I wasn't in a mood to see him. Anyhow, long story short, I ran into him this weekend again. I was just standing there talking to a friend I didn't see for a while when I noticed A. standing right behind my friend staring straight at me. Surprise, surprise. Other things aside (such as feeling slightly embarrassed for never going out with him), I had a great time catching up and just chatting the night away as he proved to be really funny and easygoing. Basically, just like me. I guess I was having a little too much fun and maybe a little bit more alcohol than I should have, because before I knew it we were kissing on the same spot we stood two minutes ago having a conversation. And let me tell you, it was hot. I mean, we did share a kiss the night we shared that cigarette, but that was more like a peck than a real kiss. This time it was the real stuff. I guess we got a bit carried away because the next thing I knew the lights came on and my friends started coming in and out of the room grabbing their stuff. I told a friend I rode with that I'll be downstairs in fifteen minutes and she left. After that I couldn't wait for these people to finally leave so I had to pull him into an adjacent room which just happened to be empty. And then we just got carried away, making out like crazy away from everyone eyes. Yes, he definitely was a great kisser. Those were pretty hot fifteen minutes, or twenty, or ... who really cares how much time has passed...
One thing I did realize when we finally emerged though, was the fact that my friends have left leaving me at the club without my car keys, or my cell phone. My elation gave place to frustration and anger as I specifically told them not to leave without me as they had all my belongings. I told A. about it and he got in touch with his other friend who told him where people I came in with went. He then gave me a ride and I was able to retrieve all my belongings from my friend. She gave me the lamest excuse ever that she thought I had already left and whatnot but I was way too mad to even consider what she had told me. Seriously, after spending a good hour in a serious lip lock with a hot guy, I had to stand there and listen why a friend of mine left me alone even though she knew I wouldn't have means of getting home. Alcohol truly does wonders.
As I woke up the next day, I texted A. thanking him of taking care of everything the night before. I then decided to go watch "300" after much hype that I heard about the movie. I called my friend up and dragged him out with me. Seriously? Awesome! Absolutely raving... great special effects, amazing story line and graphics. And actors? Wash boards from head to toe. At one point during the movie I actually leaned in to my friend and said, "Damn these guys are all so ripped". His response? "I knew you were going to say it, I was just surprised it took you this long". But c'mon, have you seen those guys? I am sure anyone with eyes would have said the same thing.
Don't you agree?

No comments: