Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A very belated celebration.

My friend A. finally decided to celebrate his birthday. As I usually say, better later than never. Because in reality, his actual birthday was almost three weeks ago. He wanted to celebrate it the weekend following the day but I was leaving for my trip just then and definitely couldn't attend. As a result, he decided to postpone it for a bit so that we can have a proper celebration. And finally, the day has come.
I noticed one weird thing, even though A. and I are very good friends, we don't go out together that often. When we do meet up, it's mostly for lunch, or dinner-movie combination, or a local bar, at most. Maybe it's because he's a homeboy, or perhaps it's due to the length of time I've known him and the way our friendship started off.
But I am getting side-tracked here. After much hesitation and going back and forth, we decided to go to [DC lounge] I used to frequent last summer. However, one of his friends got their earlier and apparently the place was packed so everyone promptly changed their plans and went to Georgetown to a place where (gasp) I haven't been before. It was a very nice and cozy lounge and the one thing I liked about it was the fact that the crowd was more sophisticated, shall I say... OK, sophisticated is not the right word here... upscale and grown up, perhaps. It was about eight of us there, but I mostly spent time with A. and his friend P. Even though I've never met her before, I ended up having a blast... although now that I think about it, not knowing someone has never stopped me from having a good time in the past. A.'s other friend disappeared somewhere with her boyfriend, so by the middle of the night, it was only three of us left. And honestly, I don't even want to know how much our tab was. The funny thing was, throughout the night, P. kept telling me how nice and cool I am... well, duh... and then A. said she told him the same thing. Well, I am glad we clicked.
Afterwards, we went to grab a bite and then I was off and A. left to drop P. off. I told him to text me once he was home since I knew he doesn't drink that often and, umm did I mention about the bar tab? I made it home pretty fast though... although who would've expected something different at 4am, and fell asleep while waiting for his text. The next morning, or rather afternoon, I finally got it. As I expected, he had to stay with P. for a little while before he could make sure she was in the right condition to drive home. Oh well, it's all good as long as no one gets hurt in the end. He also didn't fail to mention that she said she "absolutely loved hanging out"... really, did he expect it to be any different... hanging out with charming me, that was the only outcome possible.
Seriously though, I just realized it was the first time I met A.'s friends... well, technically second but the first time I met them, I was in no state to network with anyone.

No comments: