Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve.

I am tired by now. I have been out every day since Thursday with no end in sight. Despite all my attempts to stay home, I ended up out again since I promised N. last week to meet her up for drinks. We decided to meet up in Georgetown to start off, and then possibly move somewhere else. That is, if the mood strikes us. Before our "date" though, I got a phone call from R. asking if I could come over before we all meet up so that we can go together. She also said she had some news for me... Marriage, anyone? At least that was my first thought... but she already told me she's getting married, there are no news there...
I got there around 7pm and trust me, the news were important. I figured out what happened as soon as I looked at her (even though she tried to play coy with me and make me wait until we got upstairs), but I also promised her I would not say what it is, so there goes... damn it, I can't say, but the news were, well, news. Can only be disappointed in your own inaction though. And unfortunately, I have to stop at this because if I say anything else, I may not live until 2008... We spent the next hour or so brainstorming different solutions and possibilities and finally came to conclusion as to what had to be done.
After that, we were off to meet the gang. I was so excited to N. and V. again as it's been forever since the last time I saw them. To be more exact, about four months. We had dinner with some wine and a small dose of flirting. At first, I kept exchanging some glances here and there with the guy sitting at the next table. No one noticed that except for V. Honestly, I was surprised he even saw anything since most of the guys I know are usually oblivious to what's going on around. He winked at me and then gave me a high-five. I think the guy at the other table noticed that since ever since then, his glances became more discreet. But not obsolete. Next, as V. and I stepped outside to smoke, some girl started a conversation with us, and according to V., was hitting on me. I didn't get any vibe from her, but I guess it's our conversation about strip clubs that made him think that way. Plus, I suspect she was hitting on him, but you never know these days...
We left an hour later, and since the mood has indeed stricken us, headed to the lounge in the Penn Quarter, where I haven't been since, probably, the early 2006. We had a decent time there, and were about to leave when I ran into this guy I went to school with. It was amazing to have run into him there since last I heard, he moved to New York right after graduation. Apparently, he came down here to visit his family for Christmas. We talked for a bit, catching up on the latest news and events, seeing where the life has swung us. He reminded me about the stupid class we have taken and complained about his current job, his trip home and his haircut... which he desperately needed.
After that, everyone was pretty much done for the night, so we headed back home shortly thereafter. I got to bed around 5am again, and had to wake up early since I had to pick up some wine for the house party my friend is throwing for Christmas. Tonight. That starts in six hours.
Damn, when will this all end?

No comments: