Sunday, April 01, 2007

Head, meet desk.

Seriously, someone needs to take my phone away from me when I am driving home after a night out. The night started out slowly and I actually didn't feel like going anywhere since it started pouring, so I decided to go to my favorite bar, have a beer or two and do some crowd-watching. I have to admit I never ventured out alone anywhere, but I figured it would be a nice thing to try out, just to see how it feels. Well, it was awesome. It was three-quarters full when I got there so I didn't have any trouble finding an empty chair by the bar. One of the bartenders striked up a conversation with me and we ended up chatting with him and another girl for about fifteen minutes. You know, it's so fascinating to eavesdrop on a conversation. I mean, technically I wasn't snooping around, they were fully aware I was there following their dialogue. It was just really funny listening to them talk about customers and different things they see throughout their shift. As in, I am the customer, so really, they are talking about me but I get to sit in and listen to what they have to say. Or how they talk about their job and bosses and having to stay until 4 am (did you know bartenders have to stay extra two - two and a half hours after closing to clean up and for inventory? Unbelievable). Anyhow, it was great until I decided to smoke a cigarette. That's where things went downhill. I was about to walk out to a patio but then saw two guys approaching me. One of them asked if I had a spare and since my pack was outside I couldn't say No. So he asked if he could go outside with me. Sure, I could care less. I was hoping things would end there. But no. He asked me all the standard things and pretty much was trying to make a conversation. I don't know what exactly about my expression told him "interested" because I was bored out of my mind. Then they invited me over to watch "Borat". At that point I excused myself and went inside. There I saw my bartenders so I made my way over and inquired if I could sit with them for a few minutes until the unpleasant guys left. They totally understood and we spent another ten minutes chatting. I think all in all I had about six or seven beers in a little over than two hours. However, I only got charged for four, so I cannot be sure. But it was definitely more than I needed. I headed home soon thereafter but instead decided to go for a ride. As I drove through the rain, I decided to text my ex whom I haven't spoken to for a while, if you don't count the New Year message. The very strange message. I asked him one of the simplest things "What you doing?" What any normal person can possibly be doing at 3 am? The correct answer is "Sleeping". I just wanted to get laid. I also didn't get a reply which I think was for the best...

I woke up this morning (my morning starts around 2 pm on weekends), and saw a message from him. C'mon, why couldn't he just ignore it? It read "Thinking about the old times." Very sleek. Now I will ignore it instead. Hopefully I'll be able to overlook it altogether...

No comments: