Friday, April 27, 2007

WACC week.

Whoever said everything gets old at some point couldn't be more right. Alas, even the thing as exciting as recounting my adventures at work and outside, got boring after a while. Do not get me wrong, there's still tons of events happening on a weekly basis, but trying to keep track of all of them, attend them all plus having to work a twelve-hours days have taken a toll on me and I didn't feel like writing for a while.
In general, however, this past week or so has been very busy for me both at work and socially. I managed to go out five times in seven days and still somewhat function at work. Although "function" is too strong of a word to describe what I was actually doing there - it was more like being present at work and staring at my computer screen to create an illusion of some sort of performance on my part. I swear, my IQ dropped about ten points as a result of that...
So it all started this past Wednesday when my friends and I decided to go to DC after work. Well, after work miraculously turned into 11:30 p.m. as this was about the time I showed up. My friends were there already and apparently weren’t wasting any time getting wasted.
I tried to take it slow with drinks since I knew I had to be at work early the next day so therefore I decided to smoke a cigarette instead. None of my friends were smoking so I was mentally preparing to sharing a cigarette and a conversation with myself when another friend of mine popped out of the darkness. He told me later that he was trying to get himself a drink, but I figured since I ran into him he might as well keep me company outside. So he did. He actually tried to resist at first, but I told him it’d be one tiny little trip that won’t take more than five minutes. Well, took us more like fifteen. We had one smoke, then another, then were chatting in between. Not that he didn’t have fun. He was laughing his ass off most of the time as I was doing all the talking. And then he blamed me for smoking slowly! How on earth can I smoke and talk at the same time? I mean I am an awesome multitasker but I am not that talented. He did manage to bring me to tears at one point. He was telling me about a project he was working on for school that involved WACC ("weighted average cost of capital" concept in finance) when he mentioned the "wasted average cost of capital" instead. But honestly, given his condition at that point, it was more like a getting "wasted" concept he was working on. Although I definitely would like to find out how he calculated it and how he tested his calculations. I’ll have to ask him later. When we were done laughing, we finally got inside and spent the rest of the night dancing. It was all so fun much, until...
The next day I could barely get up from all the dancing we did the night before. I somehow got up (please note I didn’t say "wake up") and dragged my ass to work. I probably could've managed to sit at my desk all day and play a vegetable if it weren't for a meeting later that day. The worst part was, I had to do all the talking there when all I wanted to do was put my head on the table and take a nap. No pillow required. But thankfully, I managed to survive the day and even had time to take a little nap when I got home. Then I was off to Ray's house...
Latest news - we are sort of back together. We did have another drink after that memorable text message, and then ended up having sex. It was hot. Although somewhat uncomfortable given the location. However, now we are just sleeping together as opposed to whatever we were doing before. I figured it's just easier this way. Don't like the drama.
Anyhow, I made it to his house to catch up on wherever we left off the previous Sunday. And again, I didn't make it home until after 2 a.m.
If I thought Thursday was bad, it was heaven compared to Friday. It took me ten minutes in the morning to 1) realize that my alarm was going off, 2) realize that it wasn't going off in my dream, 3) open left eye, 4) open my right eye, 5) get up and hit snooze, 6) go back to sleep. I was up in ten minutes though, since the bastard went off again and I couldn't afford sleeping any longer - I can't be late for work for more than half an hour. I showed up at 10 a.m. Half an hour, an hour, who would notice, right? This time I actually had to take a lunch nap in my car. Honestly, that hour did wonders and although I didn't feel rested, I could at least walk straight and keep my eyes somewhat open and focused... That same evening, a friend of mine, R., invited me to a Tin Foil Party (oh, it better be good cause I don't like the name already), and since I bailed on him three times in the past, I had no choice but go this time. The party turned out to be one of those dorm parties where you drink and play video games. Although they didn't have enough alcohol. I did meet one or two cool people when we got there but they left soon after R. and I showed up. I got the business card though... We left pretty early (actually they kicked us out, which is kind of incomprehensible to me, since if you have to get up early, why throw a party at all). Since both of us didn't feel like going home, we went to eat first, and by the time we made it back it was after 3 a.m. Again. I was way to exhausted to drive home, so I just stayed there for the night...
Now, the funniest part. I have no recollection of Saturday. I know I had plans and I know it was exciting and I know I went out. I just have no idea what I did. Interesting. Must've had hell of a good time...
Oh well, maybe I'll remember it later.
Damn, I have to catch up with posts, otherwise I am losing so much of an important information that can be so useful for the future generation... Or it can be a warning for them too, depends how you look at it.

No comments: