Thursday, August 31, 2006

Blame the hormones...

I find it very convenient blaming someone else for my mistakes. Just like guys find it suitable to hold their penises responsible for their every mishap, I found it rather appropriate to blame my actions on my hormones. Call it immature and irresponsible if you want...
I honestly didn't think that I will ever hear from the guy I met a few weeks earlier again, R. I mean we met in a club... fine. We danced the whole night - not bad. We made out a little afterwards - definitely hot but doesn't entail any future in a reasonable person's mind. So I, like any reasonable person, successfully forgot about it by the next weekend. After all I was consumed with other more important thoughts, such as what I should wear to a new party. That is, until the following Monday when a very annoying beeping woke me up even before my alarm went off. A new text message. As you imagine, I woke up already irritated which is definitely not a good thing, especially on Monday. I actually thought it was a delayed message from one of my friends asking if I want to join them in some DC lounge. Imagine my surprise though when I realized it was from R. It was one of those casual messages, like we just saw each other yesterday and he decided to follow up. Never mind that almost two weeks elapsed from the moment we met. But hey, I wouldn't be myself if I didn't know how to play casual. In my mind, he quickly moved from "a nice guy" shelf to "a good for a casual fun guy" shelf. And just like I expected, he fit that new category to a tee, and I still thought he was too hot to simply let him go. So I didn't. The rest is history. Dinner, movie, all the works, his place... need I say more? Although he definitely seemed better the first time around... or maybe that was alcohol and initial infatuation. Nonetheless, we both got what we wanted.
I woke up around 3 am with realization that it is Tuesday and I am not retired yet, hence have to be at work in less than six hours. So I left... as I was driving home I couldn't stop but think that there goes another guy and another proof to this theory that a few of my friends and I are trying to test for the past few years. So far it's been working pretty good...

No comments: