Sunday, October 21, 2007

Current mood.


Is not too bright. I think this picture reflects it perfectly. I was trying out my then-new camera a while ago and as I was browsing through my albums tonight, I realized that it mirrors my present state. I should probably get used to it by now, yet it's the same thing every year around this time. Even though early fall is my favorite season, late October feels different. Yes, it is still warm outside, the trees are beautiful and the air is crisp. Yet, somehow you can feel the life coming to its end. Those bright tree colors are omens of what's to come - bare, lifeless branches. It's not here yet, but you can sense it coming. Perhaps this is the whole point - for life to end, just to be born again come spring. And still, every year I am sad to see it go and reluctant to actually let it go. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a choice. The reality is, it seems, to accept it and hope that it happens for a reason. Although I would be interested in finding out what that reason is... But I guess not until later. Sometimes I catch myself yearning for the past time, at least for what I can remember. I feel like I am holding on to those precious moments of summer and warm weather as it gets closer to winter. And hoping for it to come back. I am waiting...

No comments: