Wednesday, September 27, 2006

From Russia with love...

I just got such an amazing present, I've been dancing around in my car on my way home. My friend just came back from Moscow and gave me a plush toy Cheburashka... it is a cartoon hero that I LOVED when I was little... it is so cute. I was actually thinking how to describe it, and then it hit me: google it. I didn't know Wikipedia had references to him, but apparently they do. Check this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheburashka. Isn't it adorable? And the real thing looks even better. I am ecstatic... seriously.
I am also ecstatic, but not in a good way, about my busy season at work. It is starting in two weeks and I am just counting days. Oh, I miss those 60 hours work weeks and breakfast, lunch and dinner at my desk. At least it takes me next to nothing to get home in the evening... because all normal people finished work four hours ago and a resting at home watching TV. I also miss working with multiple clients at the same time and trying to explain everyone that I only have two hands and cannot finish up a report in 20 minutes. Apparently people don't care when it doesn't come to them... harsh reality.
Why am I watching infomercials anyway? Tonight, they are trying to convince me that I can lose 5 inches off of my waste in a week... I think they are offering plastic surgery because that's the only way I see to lose so much weight in just seven days. I should've just gone out so I wouldn't be stuck with "no TV after 3am". Unfortunately, I fell asleep when I got home from work and missed all the fun, and when my friend woke me up to go out I was too lazy to do anything. Besides, it was after midnight and it didn't make much sense to go anywhere at that point. So I stayed home to catch up on my post and my bills. Mission accomplished... both of them. Alright, this commercial with their melting weight is definitely driving me crazy, and that second ice cream I am finishing does not help. It tastes so good though I cannot resist. I guess I'll work out tomorrow - that's what I tell myself every day anyway. Tomorrow will be a better day to work out and start eating right and stop smoking and quitting drinking and living longer. Tomorrow, not tonight.
And tonight, from Russia with love... to everyone I love and not so much...

No comments: